The yummy continues! We recently got a Costco membership… dangerous. A pack of 3 firm tofus… $4.99. Like I said, DANGEROUS. Pretty excited to get healthy food for cheap.
This super hot weather is perfect for tacos and old classics. I recommend this dish with The Slackers.
Once again, this recipe is an adaptation from a recipe I recently found online. Whole Foods posted this delicious recipe!
Ingredients: (recipe below with adaptations)
- 1 (14 ounce) package extra-firm tofu, drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- corn tortillas, warmed (gluten free)
- 3 cups shredded green leaf lettuce
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese (Use Daiya to make vegan)
Put tofu, chili powder, oregano, cumin, coriander and salt into a bowl and mash together with a fork. Set aside.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and two-thirds of the red onions and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add tofu mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the moisture has evaporated, 10 to 12 minutes.
Add beans and remaining red onions, stir well and cook until beans are heated through, about 5 minutes more.
Spoon tofu mixture into tortillas, top with lettuce, tomatoes and cheese and serve.