Charles Schulz believed that “Happiness is a warm puppy.” I agree. Although we don’t have a Snoopy living under our roof, we do have a Burt. Burt is a character in his own right. He is silly, nutty, weird, cute, and gassy. A lot of our time is dedicated to keeping Burt healthy. We like to give Burt long walks and are very careful about what he consumes (despite him breaking into the fridge a few times). We feed him whole food that does not have grains. From time to time I will make Burt treats, which he always loves.
Other Burt Recipes:
Lately I have been sharing my apples with Burt so I decided to make him a treat that incorporated apples and would help with digestion. Below you will find a recipe that I recommend serving as an extra treat. The recipe does not produce many treats but please free to make the quantity larger by doubling the ingredients. You could also serve this as an actual meal if you increase the quantity.
Burtie Bowls of Yum
- 1 red apple
- 1 banana
- 1/3 c of pumpkin puree
- 1/3 c of Trader Joes natural peanut butter (stay away from major brands for these… buy a natural peanut butter because it has less sugar)
- 1/4 c of plain greek yogurt
Serve in paper cups
1. Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
2. Slice apple and banana very thin. Evenly distribute onto cookie sheet.
3. Place cookie sheet into oven and bake for 1 hour (flip half way through). Monitor fruit to make sure it is not sticking to sheet.
4. Whisk together wet ingredients until well blended.
5. Take fruit out of oven and mix into wet mixture. Stir to combine and spoon mixture into paper cups. Place cups into freezer until ready to be served.
6. Take out of the freezer and serve cold!