Stephen and I are HUGE fans of Jessica’s Gluten Free Granola. We specifically love the Chocolate Chip one. Each bag costs $7.00. Although it is delicious, it is expensive and does not last long in our house (Stephen might love it too much). I had an urge to make granola the other night so I pulled together a variety of ingredients and came up with this delicious mix. What’s even better is it satisfies your sweet tooth just like Jessica’s! The recipe made two jars and does not even come close to $7.
Gluten Free Chocolate Granola
- 1 c chocolate coco crispies
- 1/2 c gluten free oats
- 1.5 c puffed rice
- 1/4 c sugar free syrup
- 2 tbs honey
- 1/4 c chocolate chips
- 5 walnuts
- 1/4 c pumpkin seds (optional)
- 1/4 c coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Pre-heat oven to 375
2. Mix oats, cereal, and pumpkin seeds together, place in baking sheet. Bake for 7-10 minutes.
3. While the oats are baking, mix the honey and syrup together. Whisk until honey dissolves.
5. Remove oat mixture from oven and place back into mixing bowl. Evenly mix liquid with oats.
6. Mix in remainder ingredients. Spread evenly into a baking sheet and place in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
7. Remove the granola from the oven and use a spatula to spread the melted chocolate chips evenly. You can opt to put the chocolate chips in after so that they don’t loose their shape however spreading them allows the mixture to clump up and makes it even chocolatier!
8. Allow the granola to cool and then place in an air tight container.